Capital City of Spain:
47 Millions (2018)
EUR = Euro
Best time to visit Spain
May, June and September
Top things to see
- The Alhambra in Granada, the exquisite highpoint of Andalucia’s Moorish architecture.
- Cordoba’s Mezquita, perfection rendered in stone.
- Madrid’s golden mile of art, three of the world’s best art galleries.
- Gaudi’s Barcelona, the astonishing architectural legacy that came to define the city.
- Santiago de Compostela’s cathedral, Spain’s most sacred corner and a flight of architectural extravagance.
Top things to do
- Go on a tapas crawl sampling San Sebastian’s world famous pintxos (Basque tapas).
- Hike the Pyrenees in Catalonia or Aragón.
- Drive along the dramatic Galician coastlines of Rias Altas or the Costa da Morte.
- Laze on a secluded and postcard-perfect beach on Mallorca or Menorca,
- Escape the modern world in inland Spain’s stone-and-timber-pueblos (villages).
- Hit the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route.
- Visit the fabulous Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao.
Traditonal Spanish Food
- Eat thin slices of jamón ibérico de bellota
- Paella (especially the one from Valencia)
- Fabada Asturiana (Asturian white bean soup)
- Smoked Chorizo
- Vino tinto (red wine) from La Rioja wine region
- Vino blanco (white wine) from Galicia
- Fino (sherry) from Jerez de la Frontera
Explore Spain through our blog posts
Most popular Festivals in Spain
- La Tomatina in Bunol, the world’s biggest food fight – with tomatoes.
- Las Fallas, Valencia, throughout several nights in mid-March.
- Feria in Seville, a colorful extravaganza of flamenco, horses, and sherry. Think of it as everything Andalusia is famous for packed into one epic week.
- Cristianos y Moros: the battles between the two cultures come to life once more at the Moors & Christians Festivals that take place in multiple cities throughout Spain over the course of the year.
- Tamborrada in San Sebastian, celebrating its patron saint in sytle (January).
Useful words and expressions
What is Spain famous for?
- Dali and Goya
Tourist Information about Spain
Our Partner: Booking.com
Some of our recommendations contain affiliate links which means that we earn a small amount of commission from the sale (don’t worry, it doesn’t effect the price you pay). Thank you for your support!
You will find here more resources for travelers: https://oneworld2travelers.com/resources/