About the AlpbachtalThe Alpbachtal is a beautiful valley in the Kitzbühel Alps. It takes its name from the Alpbach stream, which flows through the entire valley. The entrance to the valley is the municipality of Brixlegg. A road from Brixlegg runs through the valley to the parish of Inneralpbach. In summer the valley is considered a hiking valley; there are also several alpine pastures. In winter, as almost everywhere in Tyrol, ski tourism dominates.
Highlights in the Alpbachtal in summer💥
AlpbachAlpbach occupies a beautiful location on a sunny plateau at approx. 1.000m above sea level. Thanks to its homogenous architectural style and lovely floral decorations Alpbach was voted “Austria’s most beautiful village”.
ReithYou can’t miss the quaint village Reith on a visit to the Alpbachtal. The parish church overlooking the charming lake is definitely well worth visiting.
Summer mountain lifts Alpbachtal
Two Tyrolean Summer mountain lifts in the Alpbachtal ensure hikers and families have a great time and enjoy fascinating moments whilst walking around the Wiedersberger Horn and the Reither Kogel in the Kitzbüheler Alps.
- Wiedersbergerhornbahn in Alpbach: This lift takes you up to 1.850 m altitude to the beautiful high pastures and hiking area around the Wiedersbergerhorn. Children love the adventure playground at the top station of the Wiedersbergerhornbahn.
- Reitherkogelbahn in Reith im Alpbachtal: The 8-person gondola the „Family Jet“ in Reith i. A. brings you up the Reither Kogel in a mere 5 minutes. A wonderful family friendly walking area offering marvelous views over the Ziller and Inn Valleys awaits you.
Tip: Both lifts are free of charge with your Alpbachtal Card.
Hiking tours in the Alpbachtal
Village walk Alpbach
Beautiful circular hike where you can learn more about the home of your hosts. Some stations provide exciting insights into the history of the village and the life of its people, others offer interesting knowledge about the animal and plant world.
- Difficulty: easy
- Distance: 3.9 km
- Duration: 2:00h
- Signs: A3
Not suitable for strollers!
Accommodations in Alpbach 💤
In Alpbach authentic solid wood houses still dominate instead of monstrous hotel bunkers. The mountain village has almost 3,000 guest beds and offers a variety of accommodation from farm vacations to 4-star superior hotels. The price performance ratio in Alpbach is always highly praised. The high-quality equipped accommodations and the free inclusive services of the Alpbachtal Card are decisive for it.
Our tip: Gästehaus Larch
- Situated in a quite peaceful area of the village, about 10 minutes walk away from the center of Alpbach.
- Great vacation apartments and comfort rooms – with lots of wood in typical Alpbach architectural style.
- Wonderful view from the south balcony to the Kitzbühler Alps.
- Very friendly hosts.
- Hearty breakfast with partly regional products.
- Partner of the “Austrian Ecolabel” – use of solar energy for warm water, photovoltaic, pellets for heating and rainwater for toilets.
- Free WiFi, free private parking on site.
- Alpbachtal Card with lots Of inclusive services.
- Additional health and safety measures (COVID-19).
- Rating on Booking.com (affiliate link): 9,6 Exceptional.
Dining in the Alpbachtal
- The cosy and informal Jausenstation Zottahof looks down on Alpbach and is renowned for its matchless Kaiserschmarren. The recipe has been handed down from generation to generation and is well-guarded secret. This Kaiserschmarren is not served the traditional chopped up way, but come as a fluffy-sweet large omelette and is served with cranberries. Indescribable – one has to try for oneself! Another house speciality is the “Löffelmilch” – a sweet alcoholic milk beverage – which ingredients are also “top secret”.
Useful information A-Z
Alpbachtal (Summer) CardThe Card offers numerous possibilities to explore the Alpbachtal holiday region and is interesting for all ages! It is issued by your host from your first overnight stay and includes a variety of services such as summer mountain lifts, the regional bus, swimming pools, activity programmes and more!
Some of our recommendations contain affiliate links which means that we earn a small amount of commission from the sale (don’t worry, it doesn’t effect the price you pay). Thank you for your support!