Capital City of Philippines: Manila
105 Million (2017)
PHP = Philippine Peso
Best time to visit the Philippines
September to May to avoid the typhoon season.
Highlights in the Philippines - do not miss them!
- Rice terraces on an epic scale at Banaue.
- Whale sharks on their annual migration past Luzon Island.
- Peaceful island backwaters like Bohol, Camiguin and Siquijor.
- The spooky hanging coffins of Sagada
- Ride in a jeepney – the wildly decorated stretched jeeps that serve as buses across the Philippines.
- Dive into an eerie graveyard of WWII shipwrecks at Coron on Busuanga.
- Survive a night out in Manila – Asia´s most notorious metropolis.
- Travel by outrigger ferry between the islands of the Visayas.
- Ride a dirt bike across rugged Palawan.
- Feel the 17th century in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Vigan.
Boracay |Photo: © pixabay/Hani_Han
The Best Beaches of the Philippines
For serious beach bums, the Philippines is a less-discovered alternative not Southeast Asian hotspots like Bali and southern Thailand.
But with more than 7.000 islands, it can be tricky to know the best spot to lay your towel. Here are a few areas to home in on in search of your own patch of paradise.
- Boracay Island with its almost too perfect sands.
- El Nido
- Southern Negros
Boracay |Photo: © pixabay/tttboram
Enjoy Authentic Filipino Food And Drinks
- Eat Adobo – the national dish of the Philippines: pork or chicken stewed in vinegar and soy sauce.
- Drink Tanduay rum, typically served Cuba Libre-style with Coke and a twist of lime.
- Guyabano, a fruit drink made of Soursop.
Catch Philippine’s Most Popular Festivals
- Dinagyang Festival in Iloilo City (Jan, 4th Sunday)
- Panagbenga Festival in Baguio City (Feb 01 – Mar 04)
- Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta in Angeles City, Pampanga (Feb, every 2nd week)
- Pahiyas Festival in Lucban (May 14-15)
What are the Philippines famous for?
- San Miguel beer
- coral reefs
- coco-palm plantations
- countless beaches
Our Expert for the Philippines
I’m Lhyn. I live in Laguna, Philippines. I studied Business Administration and work as a Human Resources Specialist. I love adventures and meeting new friends.
“Traveling is like a book that full of pages, colors, and stories that encourage you to dive into.”
Welcome to Bohol Island!Bohol offers independent travellers a wealth of options both on and off the beaten track. This island province is promoted almost exclusively through images of cute bug-eyed tarsiers and the majestic Chocolate Hills, but there's much more to...
A wonderful day trip to Bohol IslandWhen you hear the word chocolates, what comes to your mind? Sweet… one of the popular comfort food… a quick refresher after a long tiring day. Yes, agree? Definitely I will treat you to a breathtaking view of a thousand beautiful...
Philippines is an archipelagic country in Southeast Asia with 7,641 islands. These islands are broadly categorized under the three main geographical divisions : Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao from North to South. Manila is the capital city of the Philippines.Puerto...