Capital City of India:
INR = Indian Rupee
Best time to visit India
November to March in the plains, July to September for the Himalaya
Top things to see
- The white marble magnificence of the Taj Mahal.
- Pilgrims crowding the banks of the Ganges River in the sacred city of Varanasi.
- Gali Paranthe Wali in Old Delhi with its ancient eateries.
- Akshardham in Delhi is one of the most impressive structures in all India.
- The cities of Mumbai and Kolkata
- Watch a Bollywood film in Raj Mandir Cinema in Jaipur
- Mountain views and relics of the Raj in Shimla.
- The city of Ladakh in Cashmere
- The National Parks of Bandhavgarh and Kanha
Top things to do
- Embark on a camel safari through the desert dunes of Rajasthan
- Scan the jungle for tigers in one of India´s glorious national parks
- Relax on the palm-brushed beaches of Goa
- Bend your body into shapes you never thought possible in Rishikesh, India yoga capital
- Rumble across India by sleeper train – it´s the most atmospheric way to explore the subcontinent
- Hike in the Himalaya
- Visit Tibetan villages and monasteries
- Play a match of cricket with locals
Traditional Indian Food
- Eat delicious thalis (rice, curries, chapatis, pappadams and condiments, served on a metal platter or banana leaf)
- Enjoy stuffed parathas a type of flatbread fried and stuffed with anything.
- Drink lassi (sweet or salty yoghurt shakes) The mango lassis are delicious. Enjoy chai (sweet Indian tea)
What is India famous for?
- holy cows
- the Taj Mahal
- hill stations
- the Himalaya
- towering temples
Explore India through our blog posts
"Let´s open the door to beautiful cultural and historical journey to India" We are so happy to present you the special interview of our friend Monica from New Delhi, India! Enjoy!Monica, would you mind telling us a little bit about yourself? Namaste , my name is...
Useful words and expressions
|How much is it?||Yah kitane ka hai?|
Our Partner: Booking.com
Some of our recommendations contain affiliate links which means that we earn a small amount of commission from the sale (don’t worry, it doesn’t effect the price you pay). Thank you for your support!
You will find here more resources for travelers: https://oneworld2travelers.com/resources/