Capital City of India:
INR = Indian Rupee
Best time to visit India
November to March in the plains, July to September for the Himalaya
Top things to see
- The white marble magnificence of the Taj Mahal.
- Pilgrims crowding the banks of the Ganges River in the sacred city of Varanasi.
- Gali Paranthe Wali in Old Delhi with its ancient eateries.
- Akshardham in Delhi is one of the most impressive structures in all India.
- The cities of Mumbai and Kolkata
- Watch a Bollywood film in Raj Mandir Cinema in Jaipur
- Mountain views and relics of the Raj in Shimla.
- The city of Ladakh in Cashmere
- The National Parks of Bandhavgarh and Kanha
Top things to do
- Embark on a camel safari through the desert dunes of Rajasthan
- Scan the jungle for tigers in one of India´s glorious national parks
- Relax on the palm-brushed beaches of Goa
- Bend your body into shapes you never thought possible in Rishikesh, India yoga capital
- Rumble across India by sleeper train – it´s the most atmospheric way to explore the subcontinent
- Hike in the Himalaya
- Visit Tibetan villages and monasteries
- Play a match of cricket with locals
Eat & Drink
- Eat delicious thalis (rice, curries, chapatis, pappadams and condiments, served on a metal platter or banana leaf)
- Enjoy stuffed parathas a type of flatbread fried and stuffed with anything.
- Drink lassi (sweet or salty yoghurt shakes) The mango lassis are delicious. Enjoy chai (sweet Indian tea)
- holy cows
- the Taj Mahal
- hill stations
- the Himalaya
- towering temples
Useful words and expressions
|How much is it?||Yah kitane ka hai?|