Here are a few simple precautions to use in our daily life in order to prevent infections. It makes even more sense to remember them in such a troubled period. But beware that panic or stress should never have a place in our lives, so let us remain strong, happy and confident!
A few simple precautions can help you avoid getting sick with an infectious disease
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, especially if you have touched surfaces that are constantly touched by other people, such as in subways or buses. Hand scrubbing should last at least 20 seconds just the time to sing Happy Birthday twice. Then rinse your hands and dry them.
- If possible, do not touch your face, avoid touching the mucous membranes around your eyes, mouth and nose.
- Strengthen your immune system by regular exercise in the fresh air and by eating healthy fruit. Go out in the sun as much as possible. Drink herb teas and lemon. Get enough sleep.
- Ventilate your rooms or offices regularly.
- Use essential oils diffusers to kill germs and viruses. Essential oils like ravintsara or tea tree are very poweful.
- Avoid large crowds.
- Sneeze and cough away from people, into a disposable tissue or into the crook of your arm.
- Keep a safe distance from people who sneeze or cough (approximately 2-3 meters).
- In a period of high contagion, don´t shake hands, hug or kiss people to say hello.
- If you suspect that you may have been infected with a virus, you should definitely stay at home and tell your doctor about your suspicion by phone. This way you avoid entering a full waiting room. You should also avoid using public transport to go to the doctor’s office, in order not to infect other people.
- Don´t panic ! Read real news and look for the responsible state institution sites : there is a lot of fake information circulating on social networks.