Capital City of Germany:
83 Millions (2018)
EUR = Euro
Best time to visit Germany
May to August for best weather, beer gardens and great hikes; September and October for fewer crowds and awesome colors.
Top things to see
- The hype Berlin that is for us also the best live museum city in the world!
- Munich with its unique charming Bavarian and Alpine flair and top quality beer and food.
- To experience Northern Germany visit the two Hanseatic cities Hamburg and Lübeck.
- Cologne, with its cathedral, the oldest in the world, will enchant you.
- For a good glimpse of Eastern Germany Dresden is the town to visit.
- The Holocaust sites, such as Dachau and Buchenwald are to be seen as a respectful memorial for all the victims and a reminder of human horror.
- Among the hundreds of beautiful castles we recommend a visit of Schloss Neuschwanstein.
Top things to do
- Get lost in perfect little small towns, such as Bamberg or Weimar.
- Cruise the Rhine River and take millions of picures of the gorgeous sites.
- Drink purity law beers in a picturesque beer garden or hall in Bavaria.
- Hike the Alpine meadows. Use the telecabins up the mountains to save time and energy.
- Drive Germany´s most popular scenic byway, the Romantic Road.
Traditional German Food
- A full German Frühstück is a must to try in the morning.
- Coffee and cakes in the afternoon is a wonderful tradition to take time to relax during your day.
- Try the different recipes of potato salad and sauerkraut.
- Choose among the hundreds of types of sausages like the “Currywurst”
- Find your favorite type of beer and eat a giant “Brezel” with it.
Most popular Festivals in Germany
- Octoberfest in Munich – starting last week of September.
- Christmas markets in December – the market in Nuremberg is one of the most famous and popular in Germany.
What is Germany famous for?
- Cuckoo clocks
- Autobahn (no speed limits)
- Octoberfest in Munich (beer, dirndls, lederhosen and music)
- the remaining pieces of the Berlin Wall
- Premium cars like Porsche, Audi, BMW and Mercedes
Useful words and expressions
|How much is it?||Wieviel kostet es?|
Explore Germany through our blog posts
Have you just moved to Munich or have booked a holiday to the state capital of Bavaria? Or are you going to an important business meeting there? Then you should definitely read through our Mini Guide to Munich in order to be perfectly prepared for this city.Best time...
Beer is one of the oldest and most popular alcoholic drinks in the world but Bavarian people, in particular, have a special love story with their beers. That´s the reason why you will find some 40 types of Bavarian beer and an endless number of specialities and...
Munich Airport (in German: Flughafen München) is the international airport of Munich, the capital of Bavaria. The airport is located 28.5 km (17.7 mi) northeast of Munich near the city of Freising and is named after former Bavarian minister-president Franz Josef...
When people around the world think of Germany, Lederhosen, beer, and Oktoberfest are clichés that come to their mind. You will find all three in the state of Bavaria and its capital, Munich - and much more. Here are 21 reasons why you will love Munich for sure!1....
Official website of Tourism in Germany
Our Partner: Booking.com
Some of our recommendations contain affiliate links which means that we earn a small amount of commission from the sale (don’t worry, it doesn’t effect the price you pay). Thank you for your support!
You will find here more resources for travelers: https://oneworld2travelers.com/resources/