Capital City of Germany:
83 Millions (2018)
EUR = Euro
Best time to visit Germany
May to August for best weather, beer gardens and great hikes; September and October for fewer crowds and awesome colors.
Top things to see
- The hype Berlin that is for us also the best live museum city in the world!
- Munich with its unique charming Bavarian and Alpine flair and top quality beer and food.
- To experience Northern Germany visit the two Hanseatic cities Hamburg and Lübeck.
- Cologne, with its cathedral, the oldest in the world, will enchant you.
- For a good glimpse of Eastern Germany Dresden is the town to visit.
- The Holocaust sites, such as Dachau and Buchenwald are to be seen as a respectful memorial and reminder of human horror.
- Among the hundreds of beautiful castles we recommend a visit of Schloss Neuschwanstein.
Top things to do
- Get lost in perfect little small towns, such as Bamberg or Weimar.
- Cruise the Rhine River and take millions of picures of the gorgeous sites.
- Drink purity law beers in a picturesque beer garden or hall in Bavaria.
- Hike the Alpine meadows. Use the telecabins up the mountains to save time and energy.
- Drive Germany´s most popular scenic byway, the Romantic Road.
Eat & Drink
- A full German Frühstück is a must to try in the morning.
- Coffee and cakes in the afternoon is a wonderful tradition to take time to relax during your day.
- Try the different recipes of potato salad and sauerkraut.
- Choose among the hundreds of types of sausages like the “Currywurst”
- Find your favorite type of beer and eat a giant “Brezel” with it.
- Cuckoo clocks
- Autobahn (no speed limits)
- Octoberfest in Munich (beer, dirndls, lederhosen and music)
- the remaining pieces of the Berlin Wall
- Premium cars like Porsche, Audi, BMW and Mercedes
Useful words and expressions
|How much is it?||Wieviel kostet es?|
Festivals in Germany
- Octoberfest in Munich – starting last week of September.
- Christmas markets in December – the market in Nuremberg is one of the most famous and popular in Germany.